On This Day Trivia Quiz -18 March
Test your knowledge, and/or learn some interesting facts about events that have happened on 18 March.
1. Which Russian tsar died on 18 March 1584?
2. Which play by Oliver Goldsmith premiered on 18 March 1773?
3. Which of Saturn’s moons was discovered on 18 March 1899?
4. Which electric (personal grooming) appliance went on sale for the first time in the US on 18 March 1931?
5. Born on 18 March 1932, which novelist is one of only three writers to win the Pulitzer Prize for Fiction more than once?
6. Born on 18 March 1941, which US R&B singer singwriter had a hit with In The Midnight Hour (1965) and Mustang Sally (1966)?
7. Born on 18 March 1959, which Grammy Award-winning singer and actress played Coco Hernandez in Fame (1980) and sang What a Feeling! in Flashdance (1983)?
8. What was recognised as an official British language on 18 March 2003?
9. Which spacecraft entered Mercury’s orbit on 18 March 2011?
10. Which American rock and roller is famous for the hit songs Roll Over Beethoven (1956) and Johnny B Goode (1958)? He died on 18 March 2017?
Note: This trivia quiz is a work in progress. Whenever we find clues that are applicable to this date, we will add them.