On This Day Trivia Quiz – 18 April
Test your knowledge, and/or learn some interesting facts about events that have happened on 18 April.
1. At which Vatican church was the cornerstone laid on 18 April 1506?
2. Which African explorer was buried at Westminster Abbey on 18 April 1874?
3. Which cultural building opened in South Kensington (London) on 18 April 1881?
4. Which country became the first to adopt the use of fingerprinting to identify criminals on 18 April 1902?
5. Which American city was devastated by a massive earthquake on 18 April 1906?
6. Which French aviator and bomber pilot was shot down and glided to land on the German side of the lines during World War I on 18 April 1915?
7. Which Pulitzer Prize-winning novelist was appointed Chevalier of the Legion of Honour (France’s highest honour for contribution to the war effort) on 18 April 1916?
8. Which English landmark was sold to an American oil company on 18 April 1968? It was subsequently re-assembled in Arizona.
9. Formerly known as Southern Rhodesia, which country declared independence from the United Kingdom on 18 April 1980?
10. Who was awarded the Pulitzer Pize for her novel The Color Purple (1982) on 18 April 1983
Note: This trivia quiz is a work in progress. Whenever we find clues that are applicable to this date, we will add them.