On This Day Trivia Quiz – 17 March
Test your knowledge, and/or learn some interesting facts about events that have happened on 17 March.
1. In his final victory, who defeated the Pompeian forces at the Battle of Munda on 17 March 45BC?
2. Which patron saint has their feast day celebrated on the 17 March each year?
3. Which (baking) food stuff was patented on 17 March 1845?
4. At a Paris art show held on 17 March 1901, which (late) artist’s paintings caused a sensation amongst patrons?
5. Which scientist completed his paper on Quantum Theory of Light on 17 March 1905?
6. Which high ranking soldier arrived in Australia on 17 March 1942?
7. Which chemical element (known by the atomic number 98) was announced on 17 March 1950?
8. Which country left the British Commonwealth on 17 March 1961?
9. Which Balinese volcano erupted on 17 March 1963?
10. Which cricketer ended his Test career on 17 March 1987, having scored more than 10,000 runs?
Note: This trivia quiz is a work in progress. Whenever we find clues that are applicable to this date, we will add them.