Test your knowledge, and/or learn some interesting facts about events that have happened on 17 February.
1. What was the US city to be gaslit on 17 February 1817?
2. Who left Tasmania aboard HMS Beagle on 17 February 1836?
3. What type of fish were canned for the first time by Julius Wolff on 17 February 1876?
4. Where was the first Test Cricket match played on 17 February 1882?
5. Which opera by Giacomo Puccini premiered in Milan on 17 February 1904?
6. Who wrote the musical Face the Music? It premiered in New York City on 17 February 1932.
7. Which superhero made his first appearance in a comic strip by Lee Falk on 17 February 1936?
8. Which two singers recorded an album together on 17 February 1969? It was never released.
9. Which country’s Parliament voted to join the European Common Market on 17 February 1972?
10. Which television series starring Alan Alda, Loretta Swit and Wayne Rogers debuted on 17 February 1972?
11. Which automobile’s sales exceeded that of the Ford Model T on 17 February 1972?
12. Which tenor received a record 17 curtain calls following his performance in La fille du regiment at New York’s Metropolitan Opera on 17 February 1972?
13. Who released the song If I Ain’t Got You on 17 February 2004? It was Billboard Song of the Year 2005.
14. Which country declared its independence from Serbia on 17 February 2008?
15. Which movie won the award for Outstanding Motion Picture at the 43rd NAACP Image Awards on 17 February 2012?
16. Which cricket team defeated the West Indies to win the women’s World Cup on 17 February 2013?
Note: This trivia quiz is a work in progress. Whenever we find clues that are applicable to this date, we will add them.