Test your knowledge, and/or learn some interesting facts about events that have happened on 17 April.
1. Who told the Canterbury Tales for the first time at the court of (English) King Richard II on 17 April 1397?
2. Which advisor to King Henry VIII was confined to the Tower of London on 17 April 1534?
3. Which ill-fated explorer set sail on his voyage to find a North-West passage on 17 April 1610? He would be never seen again, following a mutiny by his crew.
4. Which game was invented by Sir Neville Chamberlain on 17 April 1875?
5. Born on 17 April 1897, who wrote the metatheatrical three act play Our Town (1938)?
6. Born on 17 April 1893, which American dancer, together with her husband popularised the fox trot?
7. Born on 17 April 1918, which actor starred in movies such as Stalag 17 (1953), Bridge on the River Kwai (1957) and Network (1976)
8. Which sports car was unveiled in New York on 17 April 1964?
9. Which former New Zealand Prime Minister became the Administrator of the United Nations Development Program on 17 April 2009?
10. Which movie directed by Kenneth Branagh, and starring Chris Hemsworth and Natalie Portman premiered in Sydney on 17 April 2011?
Note: This trivia quiz is a work in progress. Whenever we find clues that are applicable to this date, we will add them.