On This Day Trivia Quiz – 16 March
Test your knowledge, and/or learn some interesting facts about events that have happened on 16 March.
1. Who wrote the novel The Scarlet Letter? It was first published on 16 March 1850.
2. Who composed the opera Thaïs? It premiered in Paris on 16 March 1894.
3. Which Australian states competed in their first first class cricket match on 16 March 1907?
4. Born on 16 March 1926, by what name was American comedian Joseph Levitch better known?
5. Born on 16 March 1949, which actor played the role of Officer Frank ‘Ponch’ Poncherello in the crime drama ChiPS (1977)?
6. Who announced his US Presidential campaign on 16 March 1968?
7. Which automobile company produced their 100 millionth vehicle on 16 March 1968?
8. Which musician, often referred to as the father of modern Chicago blues, won his first Grammy Award on 16 March 1971?
9. Which actor played the role of Sgt Kinchloe in the television sitcom Hogan’s Heroes (1965-70)? He died on 16 March 2008.
10. Which cricketer was the first to score 100 international centuries on 16 March 2012?
Note: This trivia quiz is a work in progress. Whenever we find clues that are applicable to this date, we will add them.