Test your knowledge, and/or learn some interesting facts about events that have happened on 16 February.
1. Which poem by Thomas Gray was first published on 16 February 1751?
2. Which composer’s symphony Orpheus premiered on 16 February 1854?
3. Which US coin became legal tender on 16 February 1878?
4. Which language club was formed in Boston on 16 February 1905?
5. Which archaeologist opened the inner burial chamber of the Pharaoh Tutankhamun’s tomb and found the sarcophagus on 16 February 1923?
6. Which movie starring Katharine Hepburn, Cary Grant and a leopard was released on 16 February 1938?
7. Which moon of the planet Uranus was photographed for the first time on 16 February 1948?
8. Which Australian wicketkeeper ended his career on 16 February 1966 with 187 dismissals?
9. Which LA Lakers player had his uniform (#32) retired on 16 February 1992?
10. Which international environment treaty came into force on 16 February 2005?
Note: This trivia quiz is a work in progress. Whenever we find clues that are applicable to this date, we will add them.