Test your knowledge, and/or learn some interesting facts about events that have happened on 16 April.
1. Which religious leader arrived at the Diet of Worms assembly on 16 April 1521?
2. Who received a knighthood from Queen Anne on 16 April 1705?
3. By what name was French wax sculptor Marie Grosholtz better known? She died on 16 April 1850?
4. Which country opened its first passenger railway on16 April 1853?
5. Which silent film star and founder of United Artists was born on 16 April 1889?
6. Who became the first female pilot to fly across the English Channel on 16 April 1912?
7. Which female sharp-shooter set the women’s record by breaking 100 clay targets in succession on 16 April 1922?
8. Born on 16 April 1924, which Oscar/Grammy award-winning composer wrote Moon River (1961) and The Pink Panther (1964)?
9. Which German high-security prisoner of war camp was liberated by American forces on 16 April 1945?
10. For which (British) crime were nine men sentenced to 25-30 years for their involvement on 16 April 1964?
Note: This trivia quiz is a work in progress. Whenever we find clues that are applicable to this date, we will add them.