On This Day Trivia – 15 March
Test your knowledge, and/or learn some interesting facts about events that have happened on 15 March.
1. Which explorer discovered Vancouver Island’s Nootka Sound on 15 March 1778?
2. What US state is known as the Pine Tree State? It was the 23rd to be admitted to the Union on 15 March 1820?
3. Born on 15 March 1854, which Nobel Prize winning physiologist and bacteriologist discovered the vaccines for diptheria and tetanus?
4. What type of staircase was first patented by Jesse W. Reno on 15 March 1892?
5. Which automobile company was founded on 15 March 1906?
6. Which actor, famous for starring in the movies Wuthering Heights (1939), Rebecca (1940) and Sleuth (1972), appeared on the cover of LIFE Magazine on 15 March 1948?
7. Which musical starring Rex Harrison and Julie Andrews opened on Broadway on 15 March 1956?
8. Which restaurant chain opened in New York City on 15 March 1965?
9. Which movie starring Marlon Brando and Al Pacino was released on 15 March 1972?
10. In which Australian city did the 18th Commonwealth Games open on 15 March 2006?
Help Us Fill The Calendar! Do you, or a friend or family member enjoy a trivia quiz? Send us your Important Dates and we will find out what and who you share your special day with. Please include ‘On This Day Trivia’ in the email subject.
Note: This trivia quiz is a work in progress. Whenever we find clues that are applicable to this date, we will add them.