On This Day Trivia Quiz – 15 February
Test your knowledge, and/or learn some interesting facts about events that have happened on 15 February.
1. Born on 15 February 1564, which Italian astronomer and physicist built the first complete (astronomical) telescope which he used to prove that the Earth revolves around the Sun. For this theory, he spent time in prison.
2. Which Missouri city was founded on 15 February 1764?
3. Which condiment was advertised for the first time (in America) on 15 February 1768?
4. Which German piano maker was born on 15 February 1797?
5. Which London hospital admitted its first patient on 15 February 1852?
6. Which toy was introduced by Morris and Rose Michton on 15 February 1903?
7. Who first recorded the song Take the A Train on 15 February 1941?
8. Which Walt Disney movie premiered in Boston on 15 February 1950?
9. Born on 15 February 1951, by what name is British actress Joyce Frankenberg better known?
10. Which Emmy Award-winning cartoonist and creator of The Simpsons (1989) was born 15 February 1954?
11. Which country’s red and white maple leaf flag was officially raised on 15 February 1965?
12. Which American jazz singer, famous for his performance of the song Unforgettable (1951) died on 15 February 1965?
13. Born Ethel Zimmerman, which singer was regarded as the Queen of Broadway for three decades? She died on 15 February 1984.
14. Which leader of the Philippines won a rigged presidential election on 15 February 1986?
15. Which actor played Lt. Col. Blake in the television series M*A*S*H (1972)? He died on 15 February 1996.
16. Which writer and activist was awarded the Presidential Medal of Freedom on 15 February 2011?
17. Which singer won the Grammy for Best Song (Thinking Out Loud) on 15 February 2016?
Note: This trivia quiz is a work in progress. Whenever we find clues that are applicable to this date, we will add them.