Test your knowledge, and/or learn some interesting facts about events that have happened on 15 April.
1. Born on 15 April 1452, which Italian artist painted the Mona Lisa?
2. Which work by Johann Sebastian Bach premiered in Leipzig on 15 April 1729?
3. Who compiled A Dictionary of the English Language? It was published on 15 April 1755
4. On 15 April 1802, which English poet (while strolling with his sister) saw a long row of daffodils, inspiring him to write the famous line “I wandered lonely as a cloud…”
5. What type of art exhibition opened in Paris for the first time on 15 April 1874, displaying the works of Monet, Degas and Renoir?
6. On 15 April 1892, Thomas dison General Electric Company and Thomson-Houston General Electric Company merged to form which new entity?
7. What hormone was made generally available to treat diabetics on 15 April 1923?
8. Born on 15 April 1959, which British actress has appeared in movies such as Howard’s End (1992), Much Ado About Nothing (1993) and Sense and Sensibility (1995)?
9. By what name was actress Greta Gustafsson better known? She died on 15 April 1990
10. On 15 April 2010, ash from the erupting volcano Eyjafjallajökull led to the closure of airspace over most of Europe. In which country is the volcano located?
Note: This trivia quiz is a work in progress. Whenever we find clues that are applicable to this date, we will add them.