Test your knowledge, and/or learn some interesting facts about events that have happened on 14 February.
1. What was the 33rd state to be admitted into the Union on 14 February 1859?
2. Which two Australian states played First Class Cricket for the first time on 14 February 1890?
3. Which planet was both a morning star and an evening star on 14 February 1894?
4. Which play by Oscar Wilde play premiered in London on 14 February 1895?
5. Which novel by Joan Lindsay is set on 14 February 1900?
6. What was the 48th state to be admitted into the Union on 14 February 1912?
7. Which movie starring Bela Lugosi was released on 14 February 1931?
8. Who replaced George Cukor as director of Gone With The Wind on 14 February 1939?
9. In which Dutch city was the Maas Tunnel opened on 14 February 1942?
10. In which city was the 6th Winter Olympics open on 14 February 1952?
11. Which country’s currency was decimalised on 14 February 1966?
12. Which single was recorded by Aretha Franklin on 14 February 1967? It was Billboard Song of the Year 1967.
13. Which space probe took a photograph of the entire solar system on 14 February 1990?
14. Which film based on the novel by Thomas Harris, and starring Sir Anthony Hopkins and Jodie Foster, was released on 14 February 1991?
15. Which Australian swimmer broke the 800m freestyle record on 14 February 1992?
Note: This trivia quiz is a work in progress. Whenever we find clues that are applicable to this date, we will add them.