On This Day Trivia Quiz – 13 March
Test your knowledge, and/or learn some interesting facts about events that have happened on 13 March
1. Which planet was discovered by Sir William Herschel on 13 March 1781?
2. Who patented ear muffs on 13 March 1877?
3. In which sport did Oxford and Cambridge Universities compete on 13 March 1878, Oxford being victorious.
4. Which (dwarf) planet was discovered on 13 March 1930?
5. What type of test was introduced in Britain on 13 March 1935?
6. Which movie starring John Wayne and Natalie Wood was released on 13 March 1956?
7. Born on 13 March 1960, who is a founding member and bass guitarist of rock band U2?
8. Which spacecraft returned to Earth on 13 March 1969?
9. Who took 6-26 in the Centenary Test Match (between Australia on England) on 13 March 1977?
10. Who performed his last opera (Tosca) on 13 March 2004?
Note: This trivia quiz is a work in progress. Whenever we find clues that are applicable to this date, we will add them.