On This Day Trivia Quiz – 13 April
Test your knowledge, and/or learn some interesting facts about events that have happened on 13 April.
1. Which city was occupied by the Crusaders on13 April 1204?
2. Born on 13 April 1570, who was a conspirator in the Gunpowder Plot, a plan to blow up King James I and the English Parliament?
3. Who was appointed as the first English poet laureate by King Charles II on 13 April 1668?
4. Which work by George Frederic Handel was performed for the first time in the New Music Hall, Dublin on 13 April 1742?
5. Which animal arrived in the US for the first time from India on 13 April 1796
6. Born on 13 April 1866, by what name was American outlaw George Leroy Parker better known?
7. Born Donald James Yarmy on 13 April 1923, which actor played the role of Agent 86, Maxwell Smart in the spy spoof Get Smart (1965)
8. Which board game was invented by Alfred Mosher Butts on 13 April 1933?
9. Which British actor, born 13 April 1937, appeared in the title role in the movie The Day of the Jackal (1973)?
10. Which city’s tramway network closed on 13 April 1969?
Note: This trivia quiz is a work in progress. Whenever we find clues that are applicable to this date, we will add them.