On This Day Trivia Quiz – 12 March
Test your knowledge, and/or learn some interesting facts about events that have happened on 12 March.
1. Who was the first European explorer to sight New Zealand on 12 March 1642?
2. Which country’s cricket team began playing their first Test match against England on 12 March 1889?
3. Which soft drink began to be sold in glass bottles on 12 March 1894?
4. Born on 12 March 1928, which playwright wrote Who’s Afraid of Virginia Woolf? (1962)?
5. Born on 12 March 1933, which actress played the role of Agent 99 in the spy spoof Get Smart (1965)?
6. Born on 12 March 1946, which actress won an Oscar for her performance in the movie Cabaret (1972)?
7. Which Grammy award-winning singer (You’ve Got a Friend (1971)) was born 12 March 1948?
8. Which comic strip, created by Hank Ketcham made its debut on 12 March 1951?
9. Which mysterious Scottish creature was exposed as a hoax on 12 March 1994?
10. Which movie starring Jennifer Lawrence was released on 12 March 2012?
Note: This trivia quiz is a work in progress. Whenever we find clues that are applicable to this date, we will add them.