Test your knowledge, and/or learn some interesting facts about events that have happened on 12 April.
1. Which novel by Gustave Flaubert was first published on 12 April 1857?
2. What type of ‘flying machine’ was tested by the Dufaux brothers on 12 April 1905?
3. Who made the first non-stop flight between London and Paris on 12 April 1911?
4. Which British (light) bomber aircraft had its first flight on 12 April 1935?
5. Which song was recorded by Bill Haley and the Comets on 12 April 1954?
6. Which Russian cosmonaut was the first to orbit the Earth on 12 April 1961?
7. Born on 12 April 1971, which actress is famous for her role as Brenda Walsh in Beverly Hills 90210 (1990)?
8. Which novel by Anne Rice was first published on 12 April 1976?
9. Born on 12 April 1979, which actress co-starred with Leonardo DiCaprio in the adaption of Shakespeare’s tragedy Romeo + Juliet (1996)?
10. Which (European) country was rocked by an earthquake on 12 April 1992?
Note: This trivia quiz is a work in progress. Whenever we find clues that are applicable to this date, we will add them.