On This Day Trivia Quiz – 11 February
Test your knowledge, and/or learn some interesting facts about events that have happened on 11 February.
1. Which country’s independence was proclaimed on 11 February 1814?
2. Born on 11 February 1847, which US inventor was known as the Wizard of Menlo Park?
3. On 11 February 1896, the play Salomé premiered in Paris. Who wrote it?
4. Born on 11 February 1926, which actor is famous for playing the role Lt. Frank Drebin in The Naked Gun (1988)?
5. With the signing of the Lateran Treaty, an area of 108.7 acres of land became the smallest country of the world on 11 February 1929. What was it?
6. Born on 11 February 1936, which actor is famous for his performances in the movies The Longest Yard (1974) and Smokey and the Bandit (1977)?
7. Born on 11 February 1969, which actress is famous for her role as Rachel Green in the television sitcom Friends (1994-2004)?
8. Which country launched the Osumi satellite on 11 February 1970?
9. Who defeated Edward Heath for the leadership of the British Conservative Party on 11 February 1975?
10. In which Canadian province was a 20.2kg lobster caught on 11 February 1977?
11. Which country lifted a ban on the writings of Aristotle, William Shakespeare and Charles Dickens on 11 February 1978?
12. Which civil rights leader was released from prison after 27 years on 11 February 1990?
13. Who was selected as the first female US Attorney-General on 11 February 1993?
14. Which 1997 song’s lyrics were auctioned for $442,500 on 11 February 1998?
15. Which Pope announced his resignation on 11 February 2013? He was first to have done so since 1415!
Note: This trivia quiz is a work in progress. Whenever we find clues that are applicable to this date, we will add them.