On This Day Trivia Quiz – 11 April
Test your knowledge, and/or learn some interesting facts about events that have happened on 11 April.
1. In the War of the Roses, which city was seized from Henry VI by King Edward IV 11 April 1471?
2. What type of watercraft, designed and built by John Phillip Holland was purchased by the US navy on 11 April 1900?
3. What was broadcast on the radio for the first time on 11 April 1921?
4. Who became ruler of Monaco on 11 April 1950?
5. Which singer-songwriter made his first appearance at Folk City at Greenwich Village 11 April 1961?
6. Who recorded the song Stranger in the Night on 11 April 1966? It would later reach #1 on the Billboard charts.
7. On 11 April 1967, the play Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead premiered in London (at the Old Vic). Who wrote it?
8. On 11 April 1970, which space mission’s astronauts announced to the world that they had had a problem?
9. Who created the Apple I computer? It was released 11 April 1976?
10. Which musical duo, famous for songs such as Private Eyes (1981) and Out of Touch (1984) were inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame on 11 April 2014?
Note: This trivia quiz is a work in progress. Whenever we find clues that are applicable to this date, we will add them.