Test your knowledge, and/or learn some interesting facts about events that have happened on 1 February.
1. Which US legal institution convened for the first time in New York City on 1 February 1790?
2. Which country declared war Great Britain and The Netherlands on 1 February 1793?
3. Who published Battle Hymn of the Republic on 1 February 1862?
4. On 1 February 1865, US President Abraham Lincoln signed the 13th Amendment. What did it abolish?
5. What type of insurance policy was first issued by Travelers Insurance Co. on 1 February 1898?
6. Which dam was completed on the Suriname River on 1 February 1964?
7. Which bridge was opened in Rotterdam on 1 February 1965?
8. Who announced his candidacy for President of the United States on 1 February 1968?
9. Who released the single Call Me on 1 February 1980? It was Billboard Song of the Year.
10. Who was the author of the romance novel Fine Things, published on 1 February 1987?
11. Which two Western Australian towns amalgamated on 1 February 1989?
12. Which Australian bowler took 8-97 in the Test against England at the WACA on 1 February 1991?
13. Which South African President announced that he would repeal all apatheid laws on 1 February 1991?
14. Published on 1 February 1991, who wrote the novel The Firm? It became the best-selling novel of the year?
15. Which animated family’s comic book hit the stands on 1 February 1993?
16. Who succeeded Hillary Clinton as U.S. Secretary of State on 1 February 2013?
17. Who became Chair of U.S. Federal Reserve on 1 February 2014?
18 On 1 February 2017, what did British MP’s vote in favour of?
Note: This trivia quiz is a work in progress. Whenever we find clues that are applicable to this date, we will add them.