On This Day Trivia Quiz – 1 April
Test your knowledge, and/or learn some interesting facts about events that have happened on 1 April.
1. Which ancient Roman city’s ruins were rediscovered on 1 April 1748?
2. Which (financial) symbol was created by New Orleans businessman Oliver Pollock on 1 April 1778?
3. Who wrote the novel Hard Times? It was first published in serial format on 1 April 1854.
4. Which two (world) cities were connected by telephone on 1 April 1891?
5. Which morse distress signal was first adopted by the German government on 1 April 1905?
6. Which movie premiered in Germany on 1 April 1930, starring Marlene Dietrich (in her breakthrough role)?
7. Which brand of coffee was launched by Nestle in Switzerland on
1 April 1938?
8. Which scientific theory was proposed by physicists George Gamow and Ralph Alpher on 1 April 1948?
9. Which company was founded by Steve Wozniak and Steve Jobs (in Steve Jobs’ parent’s garage) on 1 April 1976?
10. Which free webmail platform was launched on 1 April 2004?
11. Which singer received the Nobel Prize for Literature on 1 April 2017?
Note: This trivia quiz is a work in progress. Whenever we find clues that are applicable to this date, we will add them.