Test your knowledge, and/or learn some interesting facts about events that have happened on 2 October.
1. Who returned to England aboard HMS Beagle on 2 October 1836, after 5 years at sea?
2. Born on 2 October 1897, which comedian’s partner was Lou Costello?
3. Who created the comic strip L’il Folks (later Peanuts) featuring the character Charlie Brown. It was first published on 2 October 1950.
On 2 October 1535, Jacques Cartier discovered a volcanic hill and named it Mount Royal. For which Canadian city did it later become its namesake?
5. Who wrote The Tale of Peter Rabbit? It was first published on 2 October 1902.
6. Born on 2 October 1945, which singer wrote the song American Pie (1971)?
7. Born George Sumner on 2 October 1951, which singer wrote Every Breath You Take (1983) and Fields of Gold (1993)?
8. With Australia struggling at 3-28, which batsman scored 157 runs to guide his team to victory in the 1st Test against Pakistan on 2 October 1998?
9. Which city was awarded the rights to host the 2016 Summer Olympic and Paralympic Games on 2 October 2009?
TV & Movie Questions
10. Which (war) movie directed by David Lean, and starring William Holden and Alec Guinness was released on 2 October 1957?
11. Which (medical) comedy drama series starring Zach Braff premiered on 2 October 2001?
Help Us Fill The Calendar! Do you, or a friend or family member enjoy a trivia quiz? Tell us the date you were born, and we will find out what and who you share your special day with. Please include ‘On This Day Trivia’ in the subject.
Note: This trivia quiz is a work in progress. Whenever we find clues that are applicable to this date, we will add them.