Test your knowledge, and/or learn some interesting facts about events that have happened on 1 November.
1. Who became the first US President to take up residence in the White House on 1 November 1800?
2. For which disease did Dr Roux of Paris announce a vaccine for on 1 November 1894?
3. Who became Tsar of Russia on 1 November 1894, following the death of his father Alexander III?
4. Which automobile company was established on 1 November 1911?
5. Which airship set a distance record of 6384 km on 1 November 1928?
6. On 1 November 1946, Karol Wojtyla was ordained into the Catholic priesthood. By what title would he later be known?
7. Who wrote How to Win Friends and Influence People (1936)? He died on 1 November 1955.
8. What was the first Asian automobile manufacturer produce cars in the US on 1 November 1982?
9. Which artist’s paintings on the ceiling of the Sistine Chapel in the Vatican were exhibited for the first time on 1 November 1512?
10. Which of Shakespeare’s tragedies was first performed on 1 November 1604?
11. On 1 November 1904, the play John Bull’s Other Island premiered in Lomdon. Who wrote it?
12. Who wrote the play Murder in the Cathedral? It premiered on 1 November 1935?
13. Which Beatles album, featuring the tracks Octopus’s Garden and Here Comes the Sun went #1 on 1 November 1969?
14. Which musical written by Andrew Lloyd Webber and Tim Rice, and based on a story in the Bible’s Old Testament, premiered on 1 November 1979?
15. Which Australian cricket prodigy scored 133 not out in NSW’s 2nd Innings v Queensland on 1 November 1928? He had already scored 131 in the Blues’ 1st Innings!
16. Which rugby union team created an international world record score when they defeated Japan 106-4 on 1 November 1987?
17. Which (Australian) player scored a record 10 conversions in the Wallabies 400th rugby union Test match on 1 November 2001? They defeated Spain 92-10.
TV & Movie Questions
18. Who played the title-role in the movie Cool Hand Luke? It was released on 1 November 1967.
19. Born on 1 November 1939, in which television series did Barbara Bosson play the role of Fay Furillo?
20. Which movie directed by James Cameron, and starring Leonardo DiCaprio and Kate Winslet was released on 1 November 1997?
Help Us Fill The Calendar! Do you, or a friend or family member enjoy a trivia quiz? Tell us the date you were born, and we will find out what and who you share your special day with. Please include ‘On This Day Trivia’ in the subject.
Note: This trivia quiz is a work in progress. Whenever we find clues that are applicable to this date, we will add them.